HomeClosetStyleBeautyCafeCraftBackpackLifeDesignEct

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Anzac Biscuits from HungryDelights


(Today's featured guest post is a super delicious recipe that I claim guilty for trying it myself by Emilie from HungryDelights. Enjoy!)

Hi! My name is Emilie and you can usually find me over at http://www.hungrydelights.com/ where I blog about my life, share photography, and most importantly, the foods I love.

Today I though I'd share one of my absolutely favorite basked goods, Anzac Biscuits (or Anzac cookies). I honestly don't know why I love them so much...it may be that they remind me of my favorite Australian public holiday, Anzac Day, on April 25th (which is coincidentally also my birthday!) or it may just be that they taste so delicious!

So, without further ado here is my recipe for Anzac buscuits. If you get the chance, I thoroughly recommend you try them!

Ingredients
-1 cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
-1 cup plain flour, sifted
-1 cup sugar
-3/4 cup desiccated coconut
-125 grams butter
-1 tablespoon of golden syrup
-1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
-2 tablespoons boiling water

Method
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
3. Melt butter and syrup together either in the microwave or stove top. Separately combine soda and boiling water, then add to the butter mixture. Stir until it begins to foam and stir into the dry ingredients.
4. Place 3 level-teaspoon portions of mixture, approximately 4 centimeters apart on greased oven trays; flatten lightly with a fork.
5. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool once cooked on trays.


*

Credits

"Anzac Biscuits"; Hungry Delights; "Cookie Platter"
{1}

*

Interested in how you can appear in a featured post? Email me at pinkscriptofficial@gmail.com for guest blogging opportunities and programs!

4 comments:

  1. ohh these look so yummy! going to have to save this recipe :)
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit goes to Emilie over at http://www.hungrydelights.com/! Glad you found something here, though. (:

      Delete
  2. These sound so tasty! Defiantly going to have a bash at these!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they look yum! I've been eating way too many cookies recently, but I may have to try these out anyway.

    ReplyDelete